Calling all dedicated, hard working college students seeking a unique, hands on internship opportunity: Start Garden is now accepting resumes to find our next intern.
HOW TO APPLY: Take the time to familiarize yourself with our website and investment philosophy. If you feel our process and personality is a fit for you, send your resume and any other materials you feel will help us get to know you better to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be accepting applications until November 25th and holding interviews the week of December 2nd.
We look forward to meeting you!
START GARDEN INTERNSHIP | JOB DESCRIPTION
Start Garden is an unconventional venture capital fund that invests in over a hundred ideas a year in small increments. The program brings financial, intellectual and social capital to ideas at the earliest stage by connecting them to the resources of an entire region. Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, it is founded by Rick DeVos whose past projects include ArtPrize, 5x5 Night, Momentum and Spout.com.
The Start Garden Internship opportunity offers a multi-faceted, hands-on experience with a unique organization and team. The role of Intern includes but is not limited to organizing the physical space, assisting the greater team, and promoting exceptional hospitality.
The Intern will work with everyone on the Start Garden Team in some facet, as they will be acting as a point person for the organization and communication that keeps the team efficient. However, they will work closely with the Space Coordinator who will act as the Interns direct contact person and manager.
It is the role of the Intern to support an environment that is welcoming to guests and promotes a friendly work atmosphere.
The Intern is responsible for projects including but not limited to:
Responsibilities: Assist the Space Coordinator in the management of:
office material inventory/organize storage closets, kitchen and back room
● conference room usage/reservations & technology
● organization of physical space (furniture, presentation space, event space, trash/
● troubleshoot technology and infrastructure challenges
● serve as after hours staff as needed/scheduled
Responsibilities: assist with administrative functions
● data entry to Start Garden programs
● catalog and organize team contact lists and network
● communicate messages (email, phone, mail) as needed
● event execution (set-up, tear-down, catering, etc.)
● special research/projects as needed
● monitor back end of website
Responsibilities: Promotes welcoming, positive, and professional atmosphere of Start Garden space.
Responsibilities: Promotes positive, open, and flexible ecosystem of space.
• Greet visitors, answer questions, promote Start Garden
• Troubleshoot and conduct customer service needs
• Assist in leading building tours
• Provide refreshments for visitors and members
• Serves as a contact person for team, the space, and the organization as needed
• Collect payments at door for events
• Hand out drink tickets for events
• Answer customer service ‘hello’ emails
EXPECTATIONS OF CONDUCT
● conducts oneself as a representative of the organization at work and during office hours
● demonstrates clear articulation of the organizational message
● has a demeanor appropriate to be a public face for the organization
● can self-identify areas where the team needs help and deliver support
Start Garden core hours are Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM with additional evening and weekend activities. A weekly schedule will require approximately 15-20 hours during Start Garden office hours. Must be able to support Start Garden events which may include late evening, weekend, and some early mornings. Flexibility of schedule is needed.
Part-time (15-20 hours per week). Hourly rate: $9.00, not to exceed stipend of $720.00 a month.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send a resume, and any other materials you feel would help us get to know you better to email@example.com by November 25th. Interviews will begin the week of December 2nd. Start date will be mid to late December.