Think you're pretty super? We want you! Now seeking TWO part-time summer/fall INTERNS. But first... are you creative? Are you self-directed? Are you a 'jack-of-all-trades?' Please continue reading...
HOW TO APPLY: Take a moment to look over our site. Have you been to an Update Night? Do you know what the difference between a grant and an investment is? Do you know how to spell 'entrepreneur'? - kidding. Familiarize yourself with our process and personality. If you think our organization suits you, please send a cover letter, resume, reference(s), and any other materials you feel would help us get to know you better to email@example.com. We'll be accepting applications until Monday, July 8th 2013.
We look forward to meeting you!
START GARDEN INTERNSHIP | JOB DESCRIPTION
Start Garden is an unconventional venture capital fund that invests in over a hundred ideas a year in small increments. The program brings financial, intellectual and social capital to ideas at the earliest stage by connecting them to the resources of an entire region. Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, it is founded by Rick DeVos whose past projects include ArtPrize, 5x5 Night, Momentum and Spout.com.
The Start Garden Internship opportunity offers a multi-faceted, hands-on experience with an extremely unique organization and team. The role of Intern includes but is not limited to managing the physical space, assisting the greater team, and promoting exceptional hospitality.
The Intern will work with everyone on the Start Garden Team in some facet, as they will be acting as a point person for the organization and communication that keeps the team efficient. However, they will work closely with the Coordinator who will act as the Interns direct contact person and manager.
It is the role of the Intern to support an environment that promotes ease of creativity among the team. The space and team are open and flexible, and it is the responsibility of the Intern to assist in maintaining it.
The Intern is responsible for projects including but not limited to:
Responsibilities: Supervises the space activities to achieve maximum experience and productivity throughout the ecosystem.
• Manage office material inventory
• Manage conference room usage/reservations & technology
• Manage physical space (furniture, presentation space, event space, trash/recycle)
• Manage technology and infrastructure challenges
• Assist in management of keys/badges of teams and visitors
• Facilitate kitchen (stock items, load/empty dishwasher, clean space)
• Assist in management of security needs (keys, door codes, light system)
• Serve as after hours staff as needed/scheduled
Responsibilities: Relieves the team of administrative functions as to enable the greater team for other responsibilities and duties.
• Assist with data entry to Start Garden programs (pipedrive)
• Record and organize meeting notes as needed
• Catalog and organize team contact lists and network
• Communicate messages (email, phone, mail) as needed
• Assist with day of event execution (set-up, tear-down, catering, etc.)
• Conduct and document special research/projects as needed
Responsibilities: Promotes positive, open, and flexible ecosystem of space.
• Greet visitors, answer questions, promote Start Garden
• Troubleshoot and conduct customer service needs
• Assist in leading building tours
• Provide refreshments for visitors and members
• Serves as a contact person for team, the space, and the organization as needed
• Collect payments at door for events
• Hand out drink tickets for events
• Answer customer service ‘hello’ emails
EXPECTATIONS OF CONDUCT
• Conducts oneself as a representative of the organization at work and during office hours
• Demonstrates clear articulation of the organizational message
• Has a demeanor appropriate to be a public face for the organization
• Delivers assignments on time
• Can self-identify areas where the team needs help and deliver support
• Is respectful of the teams space, time, and expectations
Start Garden hours are Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. A weekly schedule will require approximately 15-20 hours during Start Garden office hours. Must be able to support Start Garden events which may include late evening, weekend, and some early mornings. Flexibility of schedule is needed.
Part-time (15-20 hours per week). Hourly rate: $9.00, not to exceed stipend of $720.00 a month.