- You may submit more than one idea for consideration
- Ideas may be submitted at any time
- Each Thursday at noon, all endorsements are tallied for the previous week, and a new round begins
- Each week-long round starts with no ideas and no endorsements, ideas to be considered during a round must be submitted (or resubmitted) after 12:00PM Thursday
- Ideas not selected for a $5,000 investment must be resubmitted to be reconsidered
- Start Garden staff may remove any idea from the website at their discretion
Ideas Selected for $5,000 investment
- You must return in person in 60-90 days to give an update on your progress at a public event
- You must register as a Michigan LLC, if you have not already, to receive the investment
- Investments made by Start Garden beyond the $5,000 level will have a new Investment Agreement appropriate for that level
- Read the full $5,000 Investment Agreement
- Administrators of startgarden.com omit endorsements by users whom they suspect are false
- Administrators may disqualify an idea submission they suspect is attempting to cheat
- Any payment for an endorsement or promised compensation of any type is considered cheating
- Start Garden organizers may remove or ban a user from the website at their discretion
Additional Details from our Lawyers Regarding Idea Submissions
Effective Date: April 24, 2012
For investment decisions made based on endorsement by the general public (The Endorsement Event), whether taken from data through the website (startgarden.com) or other means.
Participation in The Endorsement Event constitutes permission for Sponsor (Start Garden) to use the participant’s name, address (city and state), image, likeness, voice, biographical information, application, presentation, and/or video or audio recordings from the presentation or otherwise for public display and advertising and promotional purposes in any form or media now known or developed in the future without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Sponsor may temporarily or permanently suspend The Endorsement Event, or modify The Endorsement Event venues, structure, or rules at any time and without advance notice. Sponsor and judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify and reject any entries and participants for any reason.
Employees of Sponsor and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such individuals (“Related Parties”) are not eligible. A judge and his or her Related Parties are not eligible for The Endorsement Event in which the judge is serving as a judge.
By entering The Endorsement Event, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by the rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to The Endorsement Event.
Any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees resulting from participation or receipt of any award are the sole responsibility of the participant. All federal, state, and local laws and rules apply. Participants must be legal residents or possess a valid visa of the United States.
By participating in The Endorsement Event, all entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the judges, and their respective affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage or injury which may occur in connection with participation in The Endorsement Event, for any claims based on third party rights in the entry or arising out of the use of the entry as allowed by these rules including, but not limited to publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action.
Any attempted entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor and its affiliates are not responsible for technology, hardware, software, or communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost, congested, or unavailable network or internet connections, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter The Endorsement Event or endorse a submission, including issues resulting from downloading any materials from The Endorsement Event or Sponsor’s website.
[The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these rules or The Endorsement Event. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these rules or The Endorsement Event shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Michigan, City of Grand Rapids. ]
[THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters that are not subject to arbitration, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to Kent County, Michigan.]
A list of selected investments will be posted at startgarden.com following each Endorsement Event.
Sponsor of The Endorsement Event is Start Garden LLC, 50 Louis Ave. NW, Suite 101, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.